Going for the burn

Okra and lime pickle punctuate Pakeeza's creamy, fiery vindaloo sauce.

Garlic, wine, curry, vinegar, dry red chili, okra and lime pickle all have a role to play in the vindaloo sauce at Pakeeza Restaurant & Catering, which doesn't open till 6. You can mop your brow while watching cheesy Tamil music videos here, all while popping forkfuls of lamb chunks and steamed basmati into your mouth, as I did ― but let's be real, the sauce is the focal point. Did someone say cheese? Don't you dare leave before trying the paneer-filled naan brushed with garlic sauce. The cheesy naan at Restoran Di Naina waaay out on the east side is getting a lot of buzz on social, but can you really do any better than this?

Cheese-stuffed naan topped with garlic sauce. I suppose it doesn't hurt that India is just 700 miles away across the Bay of Bengal.





Tame the fire with a savory lassi yogurt drink, in this case sweetened with pineapple and equipped with a stainless-steel straw.



Pakeeza's friendly uniformed staff was happy to bag up my leftovers and even follow me outside, holding an umbrella over my head as I carried it to my ride. Glass at right contains piping-hot water, which caught me by surprise.





Comments

Popular Posts