Kek Look Tong cave

I had my Grab driver take me 5 miles south of town and drop me off at a limestone cave called Kek Look Tong. It is a serene place containing a lot of statuary and several Buddhist praying stations. Upon entering its mouth, you quickly realize that it curves around to the right and comes out on the other side of the mountain, and cooling breezes whoosh through the natural tunnel. I saw water dripping from its many stalactites, so I figure it's a live "wet" cave that's still slowly evolving. In this climate, how could it not be?



On the back end of the cave is a well-maintained garden with walking paths and 2-acre pond covered with water lilies. Little gray monkeys came out of the jungle and rolled around on the grass. Admission to the cave and gardens is free, and I had no problem getting an LTE signal to summon a car for a ride back to the city.


Comments

Popular Posts